Boron Carbide Products
AMS BORTRON powders are tightly graded synthetic Boron Carbide (B4C) powders with superior hardness only superseded by Diamond and cBN. Extremely high hardness and fracture toughness of BORTRON resembles that of diamond, which is why it has earned the nickname “Black Diamond”.
- Body armor plates / Military armor tiles for vehicles / Building armor
- Radiation shielding / Neutron absorption applications at nuclear plants.
- Abrasive cutting tools
- Abrasives for lapping, polishing and wire saw slicing
- Metal matrix composites
- Crystal Structure: Rhombohedral
- Polymorph Type: Polyhedron (Icosahedron-based borides)
- Density: 2.52 g/cm3
- Hardness: 9.36 Mohs scale
- High purity
- High thermal conductivity
- Low thermal expansion
- Excellent chemical stability
Available Packaging: 5 lb, 10 lb Jars and 44 lb box